FEELINGS NEED TO BE FELT

Feelings are an inevitable fact of life. We are always feeling something, whether we are aware of it or not. It is important to accept that our emotions are okay, and we need to allow ourselves to feel and express them, whether they are good or bad.

A very powerful way of being able to express and release negative emotions is through tears. Just as laughter allows us to express our joy, crying is a natural and healthy expression of pain and sorrow. To feel the pain, is to stop fighting the nature of reality. In Buddhism it is said that pain or sorrow is as much a part of our life as joy. Suffering is always caused by a conflict between what we believe reality should be, and what reality actually is. Fighting against reality does not change what is happening in our lives, but rather, it intensifies and distorts the pain of difficult experiences.

Although it can be hard for many people to accept, it is okay to cry. Crying can actually be very cleansing and healing. We often hear that laughter is the best medicine, and while this is undoubtedly true, tears can be equally therapeutic, if less enjoyable.

Expressing sorrow, sadness, pain, grief, anger, or frustration by crying is not always encouraged. We are told that ‘big boys don’t cry,’ that we should ‘put on a happy face,’ and that ‘if you cry, you cry alone.’ These first two statements are simply unhealthy. Tears are every bit as good and necessary for everyone, regardless of age or gender, and by masking our grief with a ‘happy face,’ we are neither fooling ourselves, nor healing our pain.

All emotions need, even demand, release. It is usually easier, and much more socially acceptable to release our sentiments of joy and happiness. We don’t often worry that an outpouring of delight will make us, or others, uneasy. Expressions of pain, however, are something that most of us would rather avoid, whether it is our own pain, or that of other people.

‘Negative’ emotions such as pain and anger are often feared, avoided, and repressed. These sensations are uncomfortable, unpleasant, and messy. The fact is though, that they are very powerful, and very much a part of the human experience. There is a Buddhist saying that each life is filled with 10 000 sorrows and 10 000 joys. By focusing on trying to avoid the sorrows, which is impossible anyway, we are likely to miss out on many of the joys.

If we try to deny and suppress our darker emotions, we will only succeed in numbing ourselves emotionally. If you anesthetize yourself against pain, how will you feel joy?

There is also a huge difference between allowing ourselves to fully experience our emotions, and feeling compelled to act on them. Action is always a matter of choice. A feeling of rage demands that we express it, but it can always be expressed in a non-violent manner.

When we subsequently suffer a smaller loss, we may feel that this gives us an opportunity to vent some of the sadness/emotions that we have kept inside us from our previous experience. The minor incident can also act as a ‘final straw,’ and raise our level of emotion to the point where we can no longer suppress it. This is why we sometimes seem to react completely out of proportion to the event that has just occurred.

Feeling sadness in times of difficulty is extremely natural, and healthy. It does not in any way mean that we are weak. In fact, it is a strong and emotionally healthy individual that allows themselves to wholly experience, and express in an appropriate manner, the full range of human emotions.

There can be purity and a cleansing quality to the emotion sadness, if we allow ourselves to feel it fully. Sadness can also inspire some of the most beautiful works of art and literature, when it is given a means of expression.

When we suffer, stories fly through our head, stories about what happened, why it happened, whose fault it was, etc. In a way these stories keep us from having to feel. Instead of feeling we are figuring it all out, making meaning around it, trying to make it have sense, obsessing with it.

It is in the story we make meaning around the situation, often fear the consequences, judging our responses, blaming others for hurting us, blaming ourselves for driving them to it. This fills our head, causing greater worry and stress. It is like worry on top of worry, and judgment on top of judgment. This increasing the sympathetic nervous response and we feel terrible physically, emotionally, and mentally have us run away from feelings.

This is what takes so long to heal. We think a feeling is unbearable yet we are willing to endure years of self-torture with stories of blame, fear and guilt cluttering our mind. When we allow ourselves to feel, without the story, just feel you can sense the internal pressure building, make it a priority to deal with whatever is troubling you. Once you have dived in and tackled your emotions head-on, you will be able to emerge again, feeling lighter, happier, and with space in your heart to embrace the feelings that you really want.

~Amanda Harvey~

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I mean humans have to be reminded to DRINK WATER, YOUR DOG MORE EVOLVED THAN YOU lol You think you put some coffee in front of a dog, he gonna drink that SHIT lol

Humans less evolved than a dog, I don't see overweight dogs lol I don't see dogs grubbing for money, I don't SEE DOGS not loving and being loyal to someone lol Okay. YOU STUPID HUMANS, you want to learn how to live, watch your dog lol
  • I mean think about it, people lol Humans are less evolved a dog, a dog knows when to eat, when not to eat lol A dog knows how to love, and be loyal, a dog knows when to exercise lol How to be brave and courageous lol

I mean humans LESS EVOLVED THAN A DOG, wtf, humans have to be reminded to drink WATER lol WATER.
  • Man I been telling ppl this forever, you got to HONOR your feelings, mfer, just like any dog does lol ARE YOU LESS EVOLVED THAN A DOG.

I mean when your dog is happy, he's happy lol When he's sad, he's sad. He don't repress his feelings, because he's afraid lol HUMANS LESS EVOLVED THAN A DOG lol
  • Close.......to feel in.
    • cool to see the younger generation still jamming lol i enjoy all expressions of artistic ability but music is my favorite in all its varieties especially when they can make me "feel" good vibes. "Happy Song" for sure .thanx for sharing..Peace!

• feeling........... FEEL IN

• Part of the difficulty to understand ‘our emotions’, is because our experiences are so complex and involve so many different factors; so to feel one emotion from another is a lot like picking the grain of sand in the desert. It can be hard to determine where one emotion ends or another begins; Even when we analyze a commonsense emotion our experiences are often comprised of multiple emotions at once, which add another dimension of complexity to our emotional experience.

8114956478?profile=original8114957061?profile=originaland by this day nobody knows exactly how many emotions do we have stored in our essence as a whole ;))

• and i have learned that within that spiraling of emotions is a center, a small point where there would appear to be no emotions...I thank God for that lol

This reply was deleted.

Sananda, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS Sunday Call 3/27/2022 (Sananda, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell THE GREAT AWAKENING IS NOW COMING TO A CONCLUSION Sananda and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 1617

Ashtar, One Who Serves and Shoshanna - YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY via James McConnell

ANCIENT AWAKENINGS  Sunday Call 3/20/2022 (Ashtar, OWS, & Shoshanna)James & JoAnna McConnell YOU ARE CREATING YOUR NEW REALITY Ashtar and One Who Serves channeled by James McConnellShoshanna – Joanna’s Higher Self These messages were given during…

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 778

Copyright Policy: Always Include 30-50% of the source material and a link to the original article. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If you believe that someone's work has been copied and posted on Ashtar Command in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact Us and include the links to these pages and relevant info. 

Latest Activity

Edward posted a status
Help and support Uk.....ASAP...
Solve the weapons.....ASAP.....

Thanks for the good datas and informations...Always.........
Thanks.....^^
52 minutes ago
John Jancar replied to Mr.Ed's discussion Some recent GFL craft sightings ***LOOK*** here is your proof!
"I mean you can watch all kinds of UFO videos and documentaries and TV shows like Sightings lol And see all kinds of craft, of every size and shape and description, yet the GOVERNMENT EXPECTS US TO BELIEVE THIS SHIT NOT REAL lol

As if we don't have…"
1 hour ago
John Jancar replied to Mr.Ed's discussion Some recent GFL craft sightings ***LOOK*** here is your proof!
"AND THE GOVERNMENT EXPECTS US TO BELIEVE THESE CRAFT AREN'T REAL lol And it's all conspiracy theories, what a CROCK. HOW STUPID DO THEY THINK WE ARE lol"
1 hour ago
John Jancar replied to Tesla_Lion_2's discussion What is the best way you have used to meet with your higher self?
"I mean the whole goal of Ascension, is to embody your Higher Self lol And you do that, simply by living in your heart, speaking your truth, being you lol Seek the higher. And asking God to lead guide and direct you, then you'll begin embodying your…"
1 hour ago
John Jancar replied to Tesla_Lion_2's discussion What is the best way you have used to meet with your higher self?
"You don't meet your higher self, you ARE your higher self lol You just got to BRING IT DOWN, or bring it up lol More specifically, from within.

Let go of fear, BE YOURSELF lol Be you, and more and more, you'll embody your higher self, which again,…"
1 hour ago
John Jancar replied to turtles's discussion What shifts and changes are you noticing??
"What changes have I PERSONALLY NOTICED, you don't wanna know lol I mean I take awakening TOO FAR lol That's my only downside."
1 hour ago
John Jancar replied to turtles's discussion What shifts and changes are you noticing??
"Very little lol

I do notice people waking up, very slowly lol You know, people are feeling the CALL, yet they fighting against it lol

Oh we don't want women empowerment, oh we don't want LGBTQ rights, OH we don't want equality lol I seen people…"
1 hour ago
John Jancar replied to Ara's discussion FEELINGS NEED TO BE FELT
"I mean humans have to be reminded to DRINK WATER, YOUR DOG MORE EVOLVED THAN YOU lol You think you put some coffee in front of a dog, he gonna drink that SHIT lol

Humans less evolved than a dog, I don't see overweight dogs lol I don't see dogs…"
1 hour ago
More…