1400% Radiation Hot Spot Found on San Francisco Beach

Experts say no link to Fukushima

Paul Joseph Watson Infowars.com January 8, 2014

Following reports of abnormally high radiation readings on a beach in San Francisco, experts have discovered radiation hot spots measuring 1,400 per cent above normal background levels, although they are keen to stress there is no link to Fukushima.

Image: Radiation Sign (Wikimedia Commons).

As we reported on Monday, after a viral video emerged showing a man recording measurements of over 150 micro-REM per hour, 500 per cent normal background radiation, on a beach south of Pillar Point Harbor, San Mateo County officials confirmed the spike but said they were “befuddled” as to the cause.

In a new development, El Granada electrical engineer Steven Weiss, a 40 year veteran designer of Geiger counters, took his own measurements and found hot spots that were returning levels 14 times normal background radiation.

“It’s not normal. I’ve never seen 400 cpm when I just wave my Geiger around.” Weiss told the Half Moon Bay Review. “There has to be something radioactive for it to do that.”

After studying a dirt sample in a spectrum analyzer, the substance was found to contain radium and thorium, which are both naturally occurring radioactive elements. No evidence of cesium-137, the fissile material used in the Fukushima reactors, was discovered, leading Weiss to conclude that the radiation had no link to the nuclear plant in Japan.

“There are reports that a pipeline was once at this location and oil pipelines can collect heavy radioactive minerals,” said Dan Sythe, CEO for International Medcom, which designs and manufactures Geiger Counters, adding that babies and young children should be kept away from the beach, “to make sure they don’t inhale or eat the sand.”

Many were concerned that the radiation could be related to Fukushima because experts have concluded that the radioactive plume from the nuclear accident in March 2011 will reach U.S. coastal waters by early 2014.

As non-scientists, it remains difficult to ascertain the true threat posed by the Fukushima nuclear meltdown. Opinion seems to be polarized, with some saying it represents a dire threat to humanity while others, mainly those in positions of authority, downplaying the issue as completely harmless.

The truth must obviously lie somewhere in between, but constant efforts to mislead the public on behalf of both Japanese government and TEPCO officials by lying about the true scale of the radiation release has only stoked suspicion. A recently passed law also imposes 10 year prison sentences on journalists who seek to obtain sensitive information about Fukushima.

The EPA’s horrendous role in lying to the American people and tens of thousands of ground zero workers in the weeks after 9/11, telling them that asbestos-laden air was safe to breathe, has also created an environment of distrust when it comes to public health concerns.

You need to be a member of Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community to add comments!

Join Ashtar Command - Spiritual Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also news they keep hidden:
    EcoWatch is reporting that 71 U.S. Navy sailors, many only in their 20s, who responded to the Fukushima earthquake and destruction at TEPCO’s Daiichi nuclear power plant have come down with radiation poisoning and cancers after water from the wrecked plant contaminated the USS Ronald Reagan’s supply during disaster efforts:

The water contaminated the ship’s supply, which led to crew members drinking, washing their bodies and brushing their teeth with contaminated water. Paul Garner, an attorney representing 51 sailors, said at least half of the 70-plus sailors have some form of cancer.

“We’re seeing leukemia, testicular cancer and unremitting gynecological bleeding requiring transfusions and other intervention,” Garner told New York Post.

Although the Reagan was equipped with a multimillion-dollar radiation-detection system, it was reportedly not activated in time. Radiation levels aboard the ship were measured at 300 times over the prescribed safety limit.
    • "The water contaminated the ship’s supply"

That's close to impossible. Salt water from the sea never gets mixed with freshwater in a ships tanks unless someone physically opens up a tank and pours down a can of contaminated water.

You don't have to get your fresh water supply contaminated to get sick after a nuke disaster response. The people who worked around Tjernobyl didn't do to well in the aftermath either you know.

• Well duh, it has probably been there since the accident and probably came with debris that has been broken down now. It takes time for radiation to go away.

Or, have they measurements from say last week to confirm a clear change in the levels on that same spot?

"Infowars" are doing an info-war alright. Against You. ;)

They even tell you about it in their domain name but I've noticed that truth hidden in plain sight often gets missed by the enlightened as well. ;)

• LoL for sure Acute -- InfoWars is ridiculous in so many ways...

• If what you are saying is true, then maybe you should provide proof that they're lying. Many in the mainstream media have tried to prove Alex Jones is full of caca and have had their heads handed to them.

Check out my 2013 video above, with comparison of 2014 (both spots are less than 150 miles away from each other). DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT "confirmation" FROM A PREVIOUS TIME?

• "If what you are saying is true, then maybe you should provide proof that they're lying."

That's not how the world of provable science works. It's the one who makes a postulate that is to back up his postulate with convincing evidence.

Otherwise I could just tell you that a giant cheese is orbiting the earth and then demand that everyone in here agree on that until You have proven the opposite.
        It's an intellectual Catch 22. We can't disprove something that never were in the first place.

"Many in the mainstream media have tried to prove Alex Jones is full of caca"

The same goes there. Alex is careful to only report on things that can't be verified easily by the public. This is a KNOWN strategy and has been used by snake oil salesmen since the dawn of time. I'm not surprised the concept no longer bites on the general population.

"and have had their heads handed to them."

Yea I've seen Jones loose his temper and just go movie-monkey when he's backed into corners. If "having their heads handed to them" actually means "alex bit their heads off in an eternal rant", I suppose you're right. ;)

"See my 2013 video above"

I can't watch videos on this connection. If you wanna convince me, you're gonna have to do it with SOURCE material and NOT your carefully prepared brainwash-packages. ;)

"with comparison of 2014 (both spots are less than 150 miles away from each other)."

If the spots are spaced apart then that measurement is irrelevant. I was asking if they had been measuring THE SAME SPOT twice.

"DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT "confirmation" FROM A PREVIOUS TIME?"

Hell NO, I've become more convinced than ever that this really IS bogus. Why else would you people spend so much time making convincing but for the educated completely irrelevant arguments to support it? ;)

• LOL. You're picking gnat caca out of pepper via the art of words, as opposed to providing evidence. You should be a lawyer!!

• "LOL. You're picking gnat caca out of pepper via the art of words"

And you're dribbling the discussion.

"as opposed to providing evidence."

as opposed to driving the discussion sideways, out of focus when questions arise that can't be answered? ;)

"You should be a lawyer!!"

I can't. I am morally unable to defend the guilty, and a lawyer must be able to defend even the guilty to be able to even BE a lawyer. ;)

But from your yet another non-answer I can conclude that my first assumption was right. It IS bogus. a REAL supporter would have shut me up a long time ago with thousands of different reports from different sources from all of the concerned private citizens that must have been out measuring the radiation by now.

I find it interesting that when I expose information to light, you always seem to rush in and offer shade to that information as some sort of "sun block" against me.. Do you really think that's in line with how the cosmos is supposed to progress right now? ;)

• This is totally bogus information, yet people just believe this stuff, hook line and sinker...

Here is another video that was made by a surfer in Santa Cruz a few days ago showing the radiation levels being absolutely fine (with a geiger counter).

I'm not sure if people just want to have a grim outlook on things because they choose to, or for other reasons, but things are not nearly as bleak as people play them up to be!

This reply was deleted.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Latest Activity

Agarther Z left a comment on Comment Wall
2 hours ago
Justin89636 left a comment on Comment Wall
"New blog for those who are interested. https://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/profiles/blogs/the-plejaren-and-t..."
6 hours ago
Justin89636 posted a blog post
Next up on the Galactic Blogs will be one of the most talked about civilizations in our Galaxy The Plejaren which as we know are the Humans Billy Meier has been in contact with for most of his life. All info here comes from Sheldan Nidles book Your…
6 hours ago
"War is building up all over the place which is the Cabal's end goal they want WW3 which would end up being a nuclear war. Tensions are rising between North and South Korea, drone strike was initiated on Netanyahu's house. He is okay, Xi Jingping of…"
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"We all see the manner in which the western elites, seek to place Red China on a global pedestal, as an exemplar of ordered society...social credit scores, disciplined work force, heavy manufacturing, et al...

However, anyone naively inspired by…"
15 hours ago
Drekx Omega commented on Drekx Omega's blog post Greta Thunberg's Alarmist Tactics Suit Elite Agendas
"As we on ACC mostly realise, the dark elites seek to promote the use of EVs on a mass scale....However, I'm optimistic that people are now realising that this promotion is based upon the fakery of "climate emergency"...Moreover, rather than saving…"
15 hours ago
Drekx Omega left a comment on Comment Wall
"As we on ACC mostly realise, the dark elites seek to promote the use of EVs on a mass scale....However, I'm optimistic that people are now realising that this promotion is based upon the fakery of "climate emergency"...Moreover, rather than saving…"
15 hours ago
More…

The Plejaren And The Plejaren Solar Systems

Next up on the Galactic Blogs will be one of the most talked about civilizations in our Galaxy The Plejaren which as we know are the Humans Billy Meier has been in contact with for most of his life. All info here comes from Sheldan Nidles book…

Read more…
Views: 22
Comments: 0

Ashtar Command Global Update!

Happy Friday to You! I have just received the new 'Position of the Fleet' AC diagram…also, the new, explosive Ashtar Command Global Update is coming up!   …

Read more…
Views: 56
Comments: 0